Tuesday 12 May 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 12, 1953). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Melleny Melody and Kevin Grevey.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Stalag 17, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Power Of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strictly Personal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 May 1953
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1953!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1953 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Melleny Melody: Canadian singer and label owner; Nepotism records.
- Kevin Grevey: American basketball player, he played for the Washington Bullets from 1975–1983 and the Milwaukee Bucks from 1983–1985.
- David Gest: Celebrity.
- David Garrow: Historian.
- KUHT TV channel 8 in Houston, TX (PBS) begins broadcasting
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?