Saturday 30 August 1975
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Natalia Nadtochey and Radhi Jaidi.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Get Down Tonight by K.C and the Sunshine Band.
In UK I Can't Give You Anything (But My Love) by The Stylistics was in the top 5 hits.
The Land That Time Forgot, directed by Kevin Connor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Moneychangers by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chto? Gde? Kogda?.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Shark Jaws or Steeplechase.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1975!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1975 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Natalia Nadtochey: Miss Ukraine Universe (1997).
- Radhi Jaidi: Tunisian footballer.
- Radhi Jaïdi: Tunisian footballer and coach.
- KTW-AM in Seattle Washington changes call letters to KYAC (now KKFX)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Get Down Tonight
- Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds - Fallin' In Love
- Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy
- Eagles - One Of These Nights
- James Taylor - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'
- Janis Ian - At Seventeen
- Elton John - Someone Saved My Life Tonight
- War - Why Can't We Be Friends?
- The Isley Brothers - Fight The Power (Part 1)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?