Saturday 19 September 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rogers Morton and Frances Farmer.
The Virginian, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Fortunate Youth by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 September 1914 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Frances Farmer: Seattle, Washington -- Actress (Son of Fury, Among the Living).
- Rogers Morton: American politician and government official, he was US Secretary of the Interior and Secretaray of Commerce under Presidents Nixon and Ford respectively.
- Ada Polak: Norwegian art historian and textbook writer.
- Roger Morton: Louisville Politician.
- Jean Delater: Lod?ve physician.
- Robert Louisot: Lun?ville Military man.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The 20th Century Rag - Billy Murray
- Something Seems Tingle-Ingling - Walter Van Brunt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?