Tuesday 1 October 1985
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Money For Nothing by Dire Straits.
In UK Dancing In The Street by David Bowie & Mick Jagger was in the top 5 hits.
Commando, directed by Mark L. Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1985.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1985!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1985 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Nazimuddin Ahmed: Bangladeshi cricketer.
- Porcelain Black: American singer-songwriter.
- Tim Deasy: English footballer.
- Maikel Sanad: Egyptian activist and blogger.
- Revazi Zintiridis: Greek martial artist.
- Alexandra Brown: American noted family, daughter of actress Tyne Daly and actor-director George Sanford Brown. She was the subject of a bitter custody battle when her parents divorced in the early '90s.
- Ryo Miyamori: Japanese singer
- Dizzee Rascal: Rapper
- Misty Kingma: TV Producer
- Isis King: Model
- E B White: American author (Born 1899).
- Israeli air raid on PLO-headquarter at Tunis, 68 killed
- Nintendo releases the Super Mario Bros. video game for the Nintendo Entertainment System in the US.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Ready For The World - Oh Sheila
- A-Ha - Take On Me
- Madonna - Dress You Up
- Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love For You
- Wham! - Freedom
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Lonely Ol' Night
- Mick Jagger & David Bowie - Dancing In The Street
- Stevie Wonder - Part-Time Lover
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?