Monday 2 July 1984
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to When Doves Cry by Prince.
In UK Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
The Gods Must Be Crazy, directed by Jamie Uys, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1984!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1984 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Vanessa Lee Chester: American actress.
- Johnny Weir: American figure skater.
- Vanessa Chester: American actress.
- Thomas Kortegaard: Danish footballer.
- Standard Oil of California changes its company name to Chevron.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- Mike Reno & Ann Wilson - Almost Paradise
- ZZ Top - Legs
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?