Tuesday 3 July 1984
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to When Doves Cry by Prince.
In UK Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
The Gods Must Be Crazy, directed by Jamie Uys, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1984!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1984 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Satomi Hanamura: Japanese actress.
- Manny Lawson: American football player.
- Churandy Martina: Dutch sprinter.
- Syed Rasel: Bangladeshi cricketer.
- Nicolas Roche: Irish cyclist.
- Corey Sevier: Canadian actor and producer
- Raoul Salan: French terrorist, a General and chief of the Secret Army Organization, well known for political terrorist activities.
- Supreme Court rules Jaycees may be forced to admit women as members
- Dolphin rocket launched off San Clemente Island.
- US Supreme Court rules Jaycees may be forced to admit women as members.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- Mike Reno & Ann Wilson - Almost Paradise
- ZZ Top - Legs
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?