Saturday 2 July 1983
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Flashdance...What A Feeling by Irene Cara.
In UK Every Breath You Take by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Class, directed by Lewis John Carlino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1983!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1983 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Michelle Branch: American singer (The Wreckers).
- Sammy J: Australian comedian actor and screenwriter.
- 90th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: M Navratilova beats A Jaeger (60 63)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Styx - Don't Let It End
- Kajagoogoo - Too Shy
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Family Man
- Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- The Tubes - She's A Beauty
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?