Thursday 26 July 1984
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Grace Gealey and Kristina Dörfer.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to When Doves Cry by Prince.
In UK Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
Purple Rain, directed by Albert Magnoli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Lincoln by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meus Filhos, Minha Vida.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Evil Dead or Janitor Joe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1984!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1984 ?
- Grace Gealey: TV Actress.
- Kristina Dörfer: German actress and singer.
- Kyriakos Ioannou: Cypriot high jumper.
- Benjamin Kayser: French rugby player.
- Melissa Marty: Puerto Rician model and actress.
- Expos Pete Rose ties Ty Cobb with his 3,052nd single
- Kuhn announces Vida Blue is suspended due to cocaine conviction
- Pitcher Vida Blue suspended for rest of 1984 due to drug use
- In the USA, one New York resident wins US$20 million in the state lottery, a new record for unshared win.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Jacksons - State Of Shock
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
- Rod Stewart - Infatuation
- Elton John - Sad Songs (Say So Much)
- ZZ Top - Legs
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?