Sunday 3 July 1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Steph Jones and Matt Papa.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Flashdance...What A Feeling by Irene Cara.
In UK Baby Jane by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Class, directed by Lewis John Carlino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fun to Imagine.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beyond the Tesseract or Magic Meanies.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1983!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1983 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Steph Jones: American singer and model.
- Matt Papa: American singer-songwriter.
- Edinson Volquez: Dominican baseball player.
- 11th du Maurier Golf Classic (Peter Jackson Classic): Hollis Stacy
- 97th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: John McEnroe beats Chris Lewis (62 62 62)
- Calvin Smith of US becomes fastest man alive (9.93 seconds for 100 metre dash).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Styx - Don't Let It End
- Kajagoogoo - Too Shy
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Family Man
- Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- The Tubes - She's A Beauty
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?