Tuesday 5 November 1985
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Koki Tanaka and Michel Butter.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Miami Vice Theme by Jan Hammer.
In UK The Power Of Love by Jennifer Rush was in the top 5 hits.
To Live and Die in L.A., directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Texas by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hard Labeur.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gunfright or One Man and His Droid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1985!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1985 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Koki Tanaka: Japanese singer (KAT-TUN).
- Michel Butter: Dutch runner.
- Kate DeAraugo: Australian singer-songwriter (Young Divas).
- Alo Dupikov: Estonian footballer.
- Rimo Hunt: Estonian footballer.
- Pınar Saka: Turkish sprinter
- News opens at Helen Hayes Theater NYC for 4 performances
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 November 1985
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jan Hammer - Miami Vice Theme
- Stevie Wonder - Part-Time Lover
- Tears For Fears - Head Over Heels
- Glenn Frey - You Belong To The City
- Starship - We Built This City
- Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love For You
- Phil Collins - Separate Lives
- A-Ha - Take On Me
- ABC - Be Near Me
- Thompson Twins - Lay Your Hands On Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?