Saturday 6 January 2001, Epiphany
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Independent Women Part I by Destiny's Child.
Traffic, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while The Beatles Anthology by The Beatles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching La vie, la vie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Age of Sail II or Cosmic Smash.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 2001!
Which were the important events of 6 January 2001 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 January
- The United States Congress, presided over by Vice President Al Gore as President of the Senate, certifies George Walker Bush's Electoral College victory and thus as the winner of the 2000 presidential election.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?