Saturday 8 February 1986
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to That's What Friends Are For by Dionne & Friends.
In UK West End Girls by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Quicksilver, directed by Tom Donnelly, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1986!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1986 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Andy Williams: American homicide, 15-year-old boy who shot 15 people at the Santana school in Santee, CA in early March 2001.
- Anna Hutchinson: Movie Actress.
- US male Figure Skating championship won by Brian Boitano.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dionne & Friends - That's What Friends Are For
- Mr. Mister - Kyrie
- Whitney Houston - How Will I Know
- Survivor - Burning Heart
- Billy Ocean - When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going
- Wham! - I'm Your Man
- Stevie Nicks - Talk To Me
- James Brown - Living In America
- Paul McCartney - Spies Like Us
- Miami Sound Machine - Conga
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 February 1986 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?