Wednesday 26 February 1986
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leandro dos Santos de Jesus and Juliet Simms.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Kyrie by Mr. Mister.
In UK When The Going Gets Tough (The Tough Get Going) by Billy Ocean was in the top 5 hits.
House, directed by Steve Miner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Lie Down With Lions by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Crime Inc..
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Highlander or Hopping Mappy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1986!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1986 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Leandro dos Santos de Jesus: Brazilian footballer.
- Juliet Simms: guitarist and singer (Automatic Loveletter).
- Teresa Palmer: Movie Actress.
- Leandro de Jesus: Brazilian footballer.
- Crystal Kay: Japanese singer-songwriter and actress.
- Evert van Benthem wins 14th Frisian 11-Cities skating race (6:55:16).
- People Power Revolution in the Philippines.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 February 1986
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mr. Mister - Kyrie
- Whitney Houston - How Will I Know
- Starship - Sara
- James Brown - Living In America
- Sade - The Sweetest Taboo
- Billy Ocean - When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going
- The Dream Academy - Life In A Northern Town
- Mike + The Mechanics - Silent Running
- Atlantic Starr - Secret Lovers
- Heart - These Dreams
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?