Friday 9 May 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bulat S Okudzjava and Gerard Wernars.
The Chechahcos, directed by Lewis H. Moomaw, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1924 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Bulat S Okudzjava: Russian author (Student!).
- Gerard Wernars: Dutch graphic designer (Library stamps 1991).
- Connie Russell in New York City: New York, USA; singer (Club Embassy, Garroway at Large).
- Jean Girault: French film director and screenwriter.
- Christian Langlois: French architect, who chaired the Académie des Beaux-Arts (Architecture Section) in 1998.
- Bulat Okudzhava: Russian singer poet and author (d. 1997)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - California, Here I Come!
- You're in Kentucky Sure as You're Born - Jan Garber & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?