Wednesday 21 May 1924
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Dorothy Vernon of Haddon Hall, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1924!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1924 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Peggy Cass: American actress and comedian (Born 1924).
- Peggy Cass in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actress/TV panelist (To Tell the Truth, Mame).
- Robert Parris in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; composer (Book of Imaginary Beings).
- Bobby Franks: Killed by Leopold and Loeb, at 14.
- Leopold and Loeb kidnap Bobby Franks for fun
- University of Chicago students Richard Loeb and Nathan Leopold, Jr. murder 14-year-old Bobby Franks in a ''thrill killing''.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Fare You Well, Old Joe Clark - Fiddlin' John Carson
- Limehouse Blues - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- It's a Man, Every Time, It's a Man - Marcia Freer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?