Monday 9 May 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Katt and John McDermott.
Annie Laurie, directed by John S. Robertson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1927 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Ray Katt: Baseball player.
- John McDermott: Lord Justice of Appeal (Northern Ireland).
- Manfred Eigen: German biophysical chemist, director of the Max Planck Institute since 1964, known for studies of high speed reactions.
- Canberra replaces Melbourne as the capital of Australia
- 53rd Preakness: Whitey Abel aboard Bostonian wins in 2:01.6.
- The Australian Parliament first convenes in Canberra.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 May 1927
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?