Monday 16 May 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Walford and Nilton Santos.
Wings, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
You can also have a look at the whole 1927 or at May 16 across the years.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 16 May 1927 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 16 May 1927 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
See other famous people born on 16 May
- Supreme Court ruled bootleggers must pay income tax
- New York Yankees' player Bob Meusel steals second, third and home.
- US Supreme Court rules bootleggers must pay income tax.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Subscribe to our Newsletter
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1927?
- Time: Director of the Bureau of Foreign and Domestic Commerce of the U. S. Department of Commerce
- Science: Science vol. 65 issue 1689
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Admiral Charles Hughes -- May 9, 1927
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Sinclair Lewis’ world-famous satire of religious hypocrisy and the excesses of the Roaring ʼ20s. Universally recognized as a landmark in American literature, Elmer Gantry scandalized readers when it was first published, causing Sinclair Lewis to be “invited” to a jail ...
1927. Although his first book was about English romance, Newton Booth Tarkington, winner of two Pulitzer Prizes, for The Magnificent Ambersons and Alice Adams, came to be known for his comical (and almost cynical) style of the Lost Generation that ...
1927. Warwick, a best-selling novelist in both Europe and America in the 1920s and 1930s, became a household name in the years following the publication of Sorrell and Son.
Set in England in the 1920's the story is about a father's love, devotion and sacrifice for his beloved son. Captain Sorrell returns from the war to find his wife has left him with sole responsibility for their son Kit.
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Tell the world why 16 May 1927 is such a special date for you!