Saturday 11 December 1909
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Macbeth, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1909!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1909 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Charles Moulin: French actor (French Tarzan).
- Einar Bergsland: Norwegian Nordic skier who later became a promoter for the Holmenkollen ski festival, for alpine skiing in Norway, and for the FIS.
- Ronald McKie: Australian soldier journalist and author (d. 1991).
- John Wyer: English sports car racing team manager (d. 1989).
- Innokenty Annensky: Russian poet and critic (d. 1909).
- Canadian Football exhibition game played in Van Cortlandt Park in Bronx, Hamilton Tigers beat Ottawa Rough Riders, 11-6 before 15,000.
- Colored moving pictures demonstrated at Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Put on Your Old Gray Bonnet - Haydn Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 December 1909 and get them!