Saturday 25 December 1909
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
La expiación, directed by Segundo de Chomn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1909!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1909 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Zora Arkus-Duntov: Belgian-American engineer (d. 1996).
- Lucille Wedge: American astrologer who joined AFA in July 1970; an ordained Reverend.
- Louis van: Lint Belgian painter.
- Mike Mazurki: Tarnopal, Austria -- Actor / wrestler (Centerfold Girls).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- It's Hard to Kiss Your Sweetheart (When the Last Kiss Means Good-Bye) - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson
- I'm Glad I'm a Boy - I'm Glad I'm a Girl - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Let's Go in to a Picture Show - Byron G. Harlan
- Down at the Huskin' Bee - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Sadie Salome, Go Home! - Edward M. Favor
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?