Saturday 11 January 1997
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cody Simpson and Stephen Nymberg.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Un-Break My Heart by Toni Braxton.
In UK 2 Become 1 by The Spice Girls was in the top 5 hits.
Scream, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while Airframe by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Odoru daisosasen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chasm: The Rift or Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1997!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1997 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
Famous Birthdays:11 January
- Telstar 401 Satellite Fails
- 23rd People's Choice Awards: Bill Cosby wins.
- Martina Hingis beats Jennifer Capriati at Sydney Tennis International.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart
- R. Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly
- En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Love)
- Keith Sweat - Nobody
- Whitney Houston - I Believe In You And Me
- BLACKstreet - No Diggity
- New Edition - I'm Still In Love With You
- Merril Bainbridge - Mouth
- AZ Yet - Last Night
- Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
Top #9 songs in the UK
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?