Monday 12 October 1992
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Taylor Horn and Josh Hutcherson.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to End Of The Road by Boyz II Men.
In UK End Of The Road by Boyz II Men was in the top 5 hits.
1492: Conquest of Paradise, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while The Pelican Brief by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Yu Yu Hakusho: Ghost Files.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alcatraz or Exvania.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1992!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1992 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Taylor Horn: American singer and actress.
- Josh Hutcherson: American actor.
- Kyron Duke: Welsh weightlifter javelin thrower and shot putter.
- Cüneyt Köz: German footballer.
- Bambi Monroe: American singer-songwriter and actress.
- 5.8 earthquake at Cairo (at least 510 die)
- Arecibo radio telescope begins Microwave search for occupied planets
- Brett Hitman Hart beats Ric Flair for WWF Heavyweight title
- Howard Stern radio show premieres in Albany New York (WQBK 103.5 & 103.9 FM)
- Microwave Observing Project begins (seeking alien life)
- Washington Redskin Art Monk sets NFL record with 820th reception
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Boyz II Men - End Of The Road
- Patty Smyth - Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough
- House Of Pain - Jump Around
- Bobby Brown - Humpin' Around
- Hi-Five - She's Playing Hard To Get
- K.W.S. - Please Don't Go
- PM Dawn - I'd Die Without You
- Firehouse - When I Look Into Your Eyes
- TLC - Baby-Baby-Baby
- Arrested Development - People Everyday
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?