Tuesday 12 September 1978
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Paget and Ruben Studdard.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Boogie Oogie Oogie by Taste Of Honey, A.
In UK Three Times A Lady by The Commodores was in the top 5 hits.
Up in Smoke, directed by Lou Adler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
On TV people were watching The Sandbaggers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Clowns or Fire Truck.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1978!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1978 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Michael Paget: Guitarist.
- Ruben Studdard: American singer.
- Benjamin McKenzie: TV Actor.
- Elisabetta Canalis: Italian model and actress.
- Frank Ferguson: Actor (Wagons West, Dynamite, My Gal Sal), dies at 69.
- Fidel Castro visits Addis Abba
- Situation comedy Taxi premieres on ABC television
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Taste Of Honey, A - Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Commodores - Three Times A Lady
- Foreigner - Hot Blooded
- Olivia Newton-John - Hopelessly Devoted To You
- Exile - Kiss You All Over
- Andy Gibb - An Everlasting Love
- John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights
- Boston - Don't Look Back
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Got To Get You Into My Life
- Evelyn Champagne King - Shame
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?