Tuesday 13 April 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Edge of Darkness, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1943 ?
- Tim Krabbé: Dutch writer with multiple talents and interests.
- Billy Kidd: American athlete, an Olympic skier, he and Jim Heuga were the first two Americans to win medals in the Olympics Alpine Skiing event.
- Philip Norman: English journalist author and playwright.
- Bill Koch: US skier.
- Eve Graham: rocker (New Seekers).
- Rory Marcato: American astrologer and member of NCGR and its research committee from 1970 becoming involved with its suicide research study. He later became research chairman of the Uranian Society. He wrote a book about his findings, "Patterns of Pathology: the Use of Astrology in the Diagnosis & Prognosis of Personality Disorders," not yet published.
- Catholic University Nijegen closes
- FDR dedicates Jefferson Memorial
- US President Franklin Roosevelt dedicates Jefferson Memorial.
- World War II: The discovery of a mass grave of Polish prisoners of war executed by Soviet forces in the Katyn Forest Massacre is announced, causing a diplomatic rift between the Polish government in exile in London from the Soviet Union, which denies responsibility.
- The Jefferson Memorial is dedicated in Washington, D.C., on the 200th anniversary of Thomas Jefferson's birth.
- WWII: Radio Berlin announces the discovery by Wehrmacht of mass graves of Poles killed by Soviets in the Katyn massacre.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?