Thursday 13 August 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Fight for Freedom, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1908 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Gene Raymond: NYC, New York -- Actor (Paris 7000, Fireside Theater).
- Ira D Sankey: US evangelist / Composer / singer (Gospel Hymns), dies at 67.
- Cy Young Day in Boston, he pitches briefly against an All-Star team
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Love, and the World is Mine - Henry Burr
- O Sole Mio - Emilio DeGogorza
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?