Friday 13 August 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Scarlet Letter, directed by Victor Seastrom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 13 August 1926 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 13 August 1926 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
See other famous people born on 13 August
Fidel Castro: Cuban liberator who successfully overthrew President Batista's government 1/01/1959.
Jean-Louis Colmant: Belgian filmmaker, who made his film debut in 1949 as an assistant director on the film "La Maudite" (The Curse).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Lonesome and Sorry - Ruth Etting
Spanish Shawl - Blossom Seeley
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1926?
- Science: Science vol. 64 issue 1650
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: George E. Brennan -- Aug. 9, 1926
- Science: Science vol. 64 issue 1649
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Early edition with no edition listed. Bound in black cloth with orange lettering & decorations. VG, has some rubbing to the spine tips & corners. Owner's gift inscription dated 1926 on 1/2 title page.
Loos’s classic tale shows that questions of women and power―more relevant today than ever―can come in the most alluring of packages. This delirious 1925 Jazz Age classic introduced readers to Lorelei Lee, the small-town girl from Little Rock, who has ...
Set in England in the 1920's the story is about a father's love, devotion and sacrifice for his beloved son. Captain Sorrell returns from the war to find his wife has left him with sole responsibility for their son Kit.
Hardcover Publisher: Grosset & Dunlap; First Edition edition (1926) Language: English ASIN: B000OKWU0E Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Tell the world why 13 August 1926 is such a special date for you!