Monday 13 August 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Manxman, directed by George Loane Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1917!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1917 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Sid Gordon: American baseball player (d. 1975).
- Phillies steal 5 bases in an inning against Braves
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Till the Clouds Roll By - Anna Wheaton & James Harrod
- All the World Will be Jealous of Me - Charles Harrison
- Oh, Johnny! Oh, Johnny! Oh! - Elizabeth Brice
- Till the Clouds Roll By - Vernon Dalhart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 August 1917 and get them!