Monday 6 August 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Little American, directed by Mary Pickford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1917!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1917 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Barbara Cooney: American author and illustrator (d. 2000).
- Edward Jewesbury: English actor (d. 2002).
- Robert Mitchum: American film actor, author, composer and singer.
- World War I: Battle of Marasesti between the Romanian and German armies begins.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Your Eyes, Your Lips, Your Heart - Henry Burr
- Hong Kong - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?