Wednesday 29 August 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Hilde Warren und der Tod, directed by Joe May, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1917!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1917 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Luce Lucas: Platteville EXecutives.
- Isabel Sanford: NYC, New York -- Actress (Louise-Jeffersons / All in the Family).
- Harard Benner: Mulhouse physician.
- Charles Luce: American Con Ed business executive.
- Edith Wangemann: German astrologer, teacher and lecturer who founded "Astro-Magazine" and "Sein Und Werden" magazine with her husband, astrologer Helmuth Wangemann.
- Raymond Nedey: Sancey-le-Grand physician
- WWI: The Military Service Act is passed in the Canadian House of Commons, giving the Government of Canada the right to conscript men into the army.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Till the Clouds roll By - Prince's Orchestra
- All the World Will be Jealous of Me - Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 August 1917 and get them!