Sunday 13 August 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Devil's Needle, directed by Chester Withey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1916 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Vincent De Poix: Los Angeles Military man.
- Henry Rothblatt: American attorney, famed as the defense attorney for such myriad cases as Xaviera (Happy Hooker) Hollander, four Watergate burglars and several soldiers accused of covering up the My Lai massacre of 1967 in Viet Nam.
- Fritz Steinbach: Composer, dies at 61.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- They Made it Twice as Nice as Paradise (And They Called it Dixieland) - Geoffrey O'Hara
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?