Thursday 13 December 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Leave Her to Heaven, directed by John M. Stahl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1945!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1945 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Herman Cain: American businessman and political activist.
- Kathy Garver: American actress.
- Brian McGuire: Australian racing driver (d. 1977).
- Irma Grese: German concentration camp supervisor (Born 1923).
- Robert van Genechten: Dutch Nazi (NSB), commits suicide.
- Vittorio Mario Vanzo: Composer, dies at 83.
- Josef Kramer: German concentration camp commandant (Born 1906).
- Elisabeth Volkenrath: Polish-born German Nazi concentration camp supervisor (d. 1945).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nancy (With The Laughing Face) - Frank Sinatra
- Chickery Chick - Gene Krupa & His Orchestra (vocal Anita O'Day
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?