Sunday 23 December 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Scarlet Street, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1945!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1945 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Adly Mansour: Egyptian Judge who is currently (July 2013) the head of the Supreme Constitutional Court and the de facto interim President of Egypt.
- Alberto Castagna: Italian journalist and entertainer who created the popular TV show "Stranamore" that ran for 11 years.
- Geoffrey Wheatcroft: English journalist and author.
- Ron Bushy: American drummer (Iron Butterfly).
- Dante Spanghero: French rugby player.
- Mogens Klitgaard: Danish Author (Brunkul), dies at 39.
- Frederick Astons Cinderella premieres in London
- Pope Pius XII encyclical Orientals omnes, about Rutheense church
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 December 1945 and get them!