Wednesday 14 January 1987
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Shake You Down by Gregory Abbott.
In UK Reet Petite by Jackie Wilson was in the top 5 hits.
Little Shop of Horrors, directed by Frank Oz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while The Tommyknockers by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1987.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1987!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1987 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Michael Turchin: Family Member.
- Michael Heitz: American accident victim, he and his friend Patrick Murphy, died at about 8:30 PM on January 9, 2004 in a fiery car crash on Route 128 in Manchester, MA when a drunk driver, speeding on the wrong side of the highway, collided into the car in which Heitz was the front seat passenger and Murphy was driving.
- Atsushi Hashimoto: Japanese actor.
- Douglas Sirk (original name: Claus Detlef Sierck) in Lugano, Switzerland (born in Hamburg, Germany), at age 86; film director with Universal Studios.
- Catfish Hunter and Billy Williams are elected to Baseball Hall of Fame.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?