Tuesday 6 January 1987, Epiphany
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Walk Like An Egyptian by Bangles.
In UK Reet Petite by Jackie Wilson was in the top 5 hits.
Little Shop of Horrors, directed by Frank Oz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while It by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1987.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1987!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1987 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Magalie Vaé: French singer who won the fifth series of the French Star Academy TV talent show.
- Ndamukong Suh: Football Player.
- Arin Hanson: Voice Actor.
- Gemma Gibbons: English-Scottish martial artist.
- Bongani Khumalo: South African footballer.
- Zhang Lin: Chinese swimmer
- Astronomers at University of California see first sight of birth of a galaxy.
- 100th US Congress convenes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?