Saturday 14 March 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice [Jean Jacques] Merleau-Ponty and Nikolay Petrovich.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1908!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1908 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Maurice [Jean Jacques] Merleau-Ponty: French philosopher.
- Nikolay Petrovich: Rakov composer.
- Philip Conrad Vincent: British motorcycle pioneer (Vincent Black Shadow, Vincent Rapide and Vincent Black Lightning) (d. 1979).
- Anthony Caillot: French Catholic bishop, the titular bishop of Bononia and coadjutor of Evreux from 1962 to 1964, then Bishop of Evreux from 1964 to 1972, and Bishop Emeritus of Evreux from 1972 to 1994.
- Maurice Merleau-Ponty: French philosopher, the author of "Humanism and Terror," 1947 and "Phenomenology of Perception," 1962.
- Ed Heinemann: American aircraft designer (Douglas Aircraft) (d. 1991)
- C Martyn: Sri Lankan politician
- Philip Vincent: English businessman founded Vincent Motorcycles (d. 1979)
- Stanley Cup: MontrTal Wanderers beat Toronto Trolley Leaguers, 6-4.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1908?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?