Saturday 14 March 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1908!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1908 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Nikolay Petrovich: Rakov composer.
- Philip Conrad Vincent: British motorcycle pioneer (Vincent Black Shadow, Vincent Rapide and Vincent Black Lightning) (d. 1979).
- Ed Heinemann: American aircraft designer (Douglas Aircraft) (d. 1991).
- C Martyn: Sri Lankan politician.
- Philip Vincent: English businessman founded Vincent Motorcycles (d. 1979).
- Maurice Merleau-Ponty: French philosopher, the author of "Humanism and Terror," 1947 and "Phenomenology of Perception," 1962. As an Existentialist, he associated with Sartre in early post-war years as a fellow Communist until a break after the Korean War resulted in disillusionment. Prior to WW II he served as a teacher, a professor at Lyons in 1945, Sorbonne in 1949 and was appointed to the College de France in 1952.
- Maurice [Jean Jacques] Merleau-Ponty: French philosopher
- Anthony Caillot: French Catholic bishop, the titular bishop of Bononia and coadjutor of Evreux from 1962 to 1964, then Bishop of Evreux from 1964 to 1972, and Bishop Emeritus of Evreux from 1972 to 1994.
- Stanley Cup: MontrTal Wanderers beat Toronto Trolley Leaguers, 6-4.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?