Thursday 14 May 1925
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Strike, directed by Sergei M. Eisenstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1925!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1925 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Patrice Munsel in Spokane: Washington, USA; soprano (Patrice Munsel Show).
- Tristram Ogilvie Cary: Composer.
- Jean-Pierre Haeberlin: French painter, restaurant manager and 3 Star Michelin chef.
- Sophie Kurys: American baseball player (d. 2013).
- Oona O'Neill: daughter of playwright Eugene O'Neill and 4th wife of Charlie Chaplin (Born 1926).
- Boris Parsadanian: Armenian-Estonian violinist and composer (d. 1997)
- Al Porcino: American trumpet player (d. 2013)
- Ninian Sanderson: Scottish race car driver (d. 1985)
- Patrice Munsel: American opera singer, Broadway performer and recording artist, the youngest member ever to have sung with the Metropolitan Opera House. Munsel emerged on the opera stage a young star during the years of World War II. She became one of the leading coloratura sopranos of the Met in the 1940s and 1950s. She electrified audiences with her wide-ranging voice full of warmth at the mid-range. She swayed the audiences with her charm and good looks. After her success with in opera in the 1950s, Munsel c
- Georges Bellon: French actor - most likely a mixup with actress Loleh Bellon.
- Virginia Woolf's novel Mrs Dalloway is published.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- O Katharina! - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Alabamy Bound - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?