Monday 19 July 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patricia Medina and Emile Idee.
La Vénus d'Arles, directed by Georges Denola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1920 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Patricia Medina: English-born actress.
- Emile Idee: France sport Champion.
- James Hildreth: Ukiah Military man.
- Maurice Bucaille: Pont-L'Ev?que physician.
- Robert Mann: American violinist composer and conductor (Juilliard String Quartet).
- Richard Oriani: Salvadoran-American metallurgist and engineer (d. 2015)
- August 7 ampndash The Second Congress of the Communist International takes place in Saint Petersburg and Moscow. The notorious Twenty-one Conditions are adopted.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 July 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Alabama Moon - Hawaiian Trio
- Enrico Caruso - Love Me or Not
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?