Sunday 16 March 1997
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Wannabe by The Spice Girls.
In UK Don't Speak by No Doubt was in the top 5 hits.
Liar Liar, directed by Tom Shadyac, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while The Partner by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1997!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1997 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Tyrel Williams: TV Actor.
- Chelsea Linder: YouTube Star.
- Vivian Vo-Farmer: YouTube Star.
- Daniel J: YouTube Star.
- Toshiba Senior Golf Classic
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Puff Daddy - Can't Nobody Hold Me Down
- The Spice Girls - Wannabe
- En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Love)
- Jewel - You Were Meant For Me
- Monica - For You I Will
- Dru Hill - In My Bed
- Babyface - Every Time I Close My Eyes
- Madonna - Don't Cry For Me Argentina
- Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart
- R. Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 March 1997 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?