Tuesday 18 March 1997
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ciara Bravo .
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Can't Nobody Hold Me Down by Puff Daddy.
In UK Don't Speak by No Doubt was in the top 5 hits.
Liar Liar, directed by Tom Shadyac, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while The Partner by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Corpus Christi.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Armored Core: Project Phantasma or DoDonPachi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1997.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1997!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1997 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Russian AN-24 plane crashes in Turkey, 50 die
- The tail of a Russian Antonov An-24 charter plane breaks off while en-route to Turkey causing the plane to crash and killing all 50 on board and leading to the grounding of all An-24s.
- In Zaire, Etienne Tshiksekedi is appointed prime minister he ejects supporters of Mobutu Sese Seko from his cabinet.
- Mercenaries of Sandline International withdraw from Papua New Guinea.
- Tara Lipinski, 14, becomes the youngest women's world figure skating champion.
- The Comet Hale-Bopp makes its closest approach to Earth.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?