Friday 16 November 1979
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Salli Wills and Michael Faustino.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Still by Commodores.
In UK When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman by Dr Hook was in the top 5 hits.
Die Spinnen, 2. Teil - Das Brillantenschiff, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Establishment by Howard Fast was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Enchanted Castle.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Armor Battle or Tail Gunner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1979!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1979 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Salli Wills: Australia -- Gymnast (1996 Olympics).
- Michael Faustino: actor (brother of David).
- Louise Marwood: Soap Opera Actress.
- Tony Frias: American soccer player.
- Bruce Irons: American surfer.
- Paul McCartney releases Wonderful Christmas
- The first line of Bucharest Metro (Line M1) is opened from Timpuri Noi to Semanatoarea in Bucharest, Romania.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?