Wednesday 28 November 1979
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fatman Scoop and Daniel Henney.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) by Barbra Streisand.
In UK When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman by Dr Hook was in the top 5 hits.
Die Spinnen, 2. Teil - Das Brillantenschiff, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Establishment by Howard Fast was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Enchanted Castle.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Heiankyo Alien or Star Fire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1979!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1979 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Fatman Scoop: Rapper.
- Daniel Henney: Korean-American model-actor.
- Chamillionaire : Rapper.
- Katarzyna Strączy: Polish tennis player.
- King of Schnorrers opens at Playhouse Theater NYC for 63 performances
- Air New Zealand Flight 901, a DC-10 operated sightseeing flight over Antarctica, crashes into Mount Erebus, killing all 257 people on board.
- LA Dodger Rick Sutcliffe wins NL Rookie of Year
- (to November 29) Bowers and Ruddy Galleries holds the first auction session of The John Work Garrett Collection in New York City. 622 lots sell for US$7.1 million.
- Eleven fans are killed during a crowd crush for unreserved seats before The Who concert at the Riverfront Coliseum in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- The United States dollar exchange rate with the Deutsche Mark falls to 1.7079 DM, the all-time low so far this record is not broken until November 5, 1987.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)
- Styx - Babe
- Commodores - Still
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go
- Eagles - Heartache Tonight
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
- Donna Summer - Dim All The Lights
- Barry Manilow - Ships
- M - Pop Muzik
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?