Tuesday 16 September 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Milan Harasta and Laurence J Peter.
Back to God's Country, directed by David M. Hartford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1919 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Milan Harasta: Composer.
- Laurence J Peter: Canadian born educator and writer (d. 1990).
- Bill Daley: American football player and sportscaster (d. 2015).
- Laurence Peter: Canadian-American hierarchiologist and educator (d. 1990).
- Andy Russell: Los Angeles, California -- Singer (Andy & Della Russell Show).
- Dutch Ruether beats Giants 4-3 to clinch Cincinnati 1st NL pennant
- American Legion incorporated by an act of US Congress.
- The American Legion is incorporated.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Helen Clark & George Wilton Ballard
- It's Nobody's Business but My Own - Bert Williams
- Everybody Wants a Key to My Cellar - Bert Williams
- Beautiful Ohio - Fritz Kreisler
- Anything is Nice if it Comes from Dixie - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?