Tuesday 16 September 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Back to God's Country, directed by David M. Hartford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1919.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1919 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Bill Daley: American football player and sportscaster (d. 2015).
- Laurence Peter: Canadian-American hierarchiologist and educator (d. 1990).
- Andy Russell: Los Angeles, California -- Singer (Andy & Della Russell Show).
- Milan Harasta: Composer.
- Laurence J Peter: Canadian born educator and writer (d. 1990).
- Dutch Ruether beats Giants 4-3 to clinch Cincinnati 1st NL pennant
- American Legion incorporated by an act of US Congress.
- The American Legion is incorporated.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Helen Clark & George Wilton Ballard
- It's Nobody's Business but My Own - Bert Williams
- Everybody Wants a Key to My Cellar - Bert Williams
- Beautiful Ohio - Fritz Kreisler
- Anything is Nice if it Comes from Dixie - American Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?