Thursday 16 September 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Over the Hill to the Poorhouse, directed by Harry Millarde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1920!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1920 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Sheila Quinn: Adviser (British Red Cross).
- Art Sansom: American cartoonist (d. 1991).
- William Soles: American executive and CEO of Jefferson-Pilot, an insurance company.
- Franco Pandolfini: Italy -- Water polo (1948 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Hannie [Jannetje J] Schaft: "Girl with red hair".
- Daniel Andersson: Swedish Poet / writer (Polar History), dies at 32.
- Bomb explosion in Wall Street, kills 30
- The Wall Street bombing: a bomb in a horse wagon explodes in front of the J. P. Morgan building in New York City : 38 are killed and 400 injured.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Chili Bean - Paul Biese Trio & Frank Crumit
- Shannon Four - Wond'ring
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?