Monday 17 April 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aaron Wallace and Leslie Bega in Los Angeles.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra.
In UK Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra & Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Casino Royale, directed by Val Guest, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Signé alouette.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1967!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1967 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Aaron Wallace: NFL defensive end / linebacker (Oakland Raiders).
- Leslie Bega in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Maria Tomlinson - Head of the Class).
- Timothy Gibbs in Burbank: California, USA; actor (Father Murphy, Santa Barbara).
- Marquis Grisom in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; outfielder (Atlanta Braves, Cleveland Indians).
- Henry Ian Cusick: Peruvian-born Scottish actor.
- Grissom : American baseball player, a right-handed centerfielder who played with the Montreal Expos (1989–1994), Atlanta Braves (1995–1996), Cleveland Indians (1997), Milwaukee Brewers (1998–2000), Los Angeles Dodgers (2001–2002), and San Francisco Giants (2003–2005).
- Henry Cusick: TV Actor
- Kimberly Elise: American actress
- Timothy Gibbs: American actor director producer and screenwriter
- Liz Phair: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Red Allen: American jazz trumpeter (Born 1908).
- Shortwave Radio New York Worldwide goes back on the air after a week off
- Surveyor 3 launched; soft lands on Moon, April 20.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- The Monkees - A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
- Tommy James and the Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
- The Five Americans - Western Union
- Petula Clark - This Is My Song
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- Four Tops - Bernadette
- Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)
- Martha & the Vandellas - Jimmy Mack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?