Saturday 15 April 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra.
In UK Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra & Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Casino Royale, directed by Val Guest, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1967!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1967 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Christophe Pieux: French horse racing jockey, who retired on 1 November 2012.
- Frankie Poullain: Scottish bass player and songwriter (The Darkness).
- Dara Torres: American swimmer and journalist.
- Mark Mortimer: Actor (Nick Hudson-Another World).
- Suzy Green in Detroit: Michigan, USA; LPGA golfer (1995 Fieldcrest Cannon-26th).
- Dara Torres in Beverly Hills: California, USA; American Olympic swimmer (Olympics-gold-1984).
- Lance Zeno NFL/WLAF corner (Los Angeles Rams: Scottish Claymores).
- Antonio de Curtis Toto: Comedian, dies of heart attack at 69.
- Wait A Minim! closes at John Golden Theater NYC after 457 performances
- Large demonstrations are held against the Vietnam War in New York City and San Francisco.
- Surveyor 3 probe lands on the Moon.
- A Globe Air Bristol Britannia turboprop crashes at Nicosia, Cyprus, killing 126 people.
- Greece is taken over by a military dictatorship led by George Papadopoulos future-Prime Minister Andreas Papandreou political prisoner to December 25.
- An outbreak of tornadoes strikes the upper Midwest section of the United States (in particular the Chicago area, including the suburbs of Belvidere and Oak Lawn, Illinois, where 33 people are killed and 500 injured).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
- The Monkees - A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
- Petula Clark - This Is My Song
- Four Tops - Bernadette
- Tommy James and the Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
- The Five Americans - Western Union
- Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)
- Martha & the Vandellas - Jimmy Mack
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 April 1967 and get them!