Sunday 4 August 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ha Seung-Jin and Luis Antonio Valencia.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Shout by Tears For Fears.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
Real Genius, directed by Martha Coolidge, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Skeleton Crew by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Beyond 2000.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing F-15 Strike Eagle or Pachicom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1985!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1985 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Ha Seung-Jin: Korean basketball player.
- Luis Antonio Valencia: Ecuadorean footballer.
- Crystal Bowersox: American singer-songwriter and actress, who was the runner-up on the ninth season of American Idol in 2010.
- Antonio Valencia: Soccer Player.
- Kina Grannis: American musician.
- Robbie Findley: American soccer player
- Mark Milligan: Australian footballer
- Ha Seung-jin: South Korean basketball player
- Dreamgirls closes at Imperial Theater NYC after 1522 performances
- Penny Hammel wins LPGA Jamie Farr Toledo Golf Classic
- Rod Carew, is 16th to get 3,000 hits
- White Sox Tom Seaver is 17th to win #300, beating Yankees
- California Angels' Rod Carew gets his 3,000th hit.
- Phil Rizzuto Day, New York Yankees retire uniform number 10.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Night Ranger - Sentimental Street
- The Power Station - Get It On (Bang A Gong)
- DeBarge - Who's Holding Donna Now
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?