Tuesday 17 January 1984
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Owner Of A Lonely Heart by Yes.
In UK Pipes Of Peace by Paul McCartney was in the top 5 hits.
while Pet Sematary by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1984!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1984 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Kelvin Fletcher: English actor and model.
- Samuel Shaw: American wrestler.
- Calvin Harris: Scottish DJ, singer, songwriter and record producer, considered as being the richest one in the world in 2015.
- Sophie Dee: Welsh pornographic actress.
- Cassie Hager: American basketball player.
- Supreme Court rules (5-4) oks private use of home VCRs to tape TV programs for later viewing does not violate federal copyright laws
- US Supreme Court rules (5-4) private use of home VCRs to tape TV programs for later viewing does not violate federal copyright laws.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
- Paul McCartney - Say Say Say
- Culture Club - Karma Chameleon
- The Romantics - Talking In Your Sleep
- Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride
- Elton John - I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
- Olivia Newton-John - Twist Of Fate
- Kool & The Gang - Joanna
- Lionel Richie - Running With The Night
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Say It Isn't So
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?