Friday 1 April 1932
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Colleridge Vanderpuiye Baka Tetteh-Lartey and Jiri Smutny.
Scarface, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1932!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1932 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Alexander Colleridge Vanderpuiye Baka Tetteh-Lartey: Actor.
- Jiri Smutny: Composer.
- Gordon Jump in Dayton: Ohio, USA; actor (Arthur Carlson - WKRP, Growing Pains).
- Debbie Reynolds in El Paso: Texas, USA; actress (Singin' in the Rain).
- Gordon Jump: American actor, primarily on television.
- François Moncla: French rugby player, selected 29 times in international events between 1956 and 1961 to play as wing forward. Won three Five-Nations Championships (1959,1960,1961).
- Debbie Reynolds: American actress, dancer, stage entertainer and durable star. As a young actress she had the adorable image of the all-American girl-next-door. She entered films in 1948 after winning the Miss Burbank beauty contest and played bouncy, wholesome parts through the '50s and '60s. In the early '70s as her film career ebbed, she starred on Broadway in a hit revival of "Irene," then in an extravagant revue, "The Debbie Reynolds Show."
- Francois Moncla: France sport Champion
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?