Sunday 17 June 1900
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hermann Reuter and Martin Bormann.
The Exposed Seance, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1900.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1900!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1900 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Hermann Reuter: Composer.
- Martin Bormann: German Nazi official, one of the most powerful but least known Nazis; he was called "Hitler's evil genius.
- Evelyn Irons: Scottish journalist, the first woman war correspondent to be decorated with the French Croix de Guerre.
- Hermann Reutter: German pianist and composer of operas, oratorios and other choral works, a ballet, chamber music, piano works and songs.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Sunny Southern Home - Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?