Monday 17 March 1986, St. Patrick's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Miles Kane and Chris Davis.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to These Dreams by Heart.
In UK Chain Reaction by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Highlander, directed by Russell Mulcahy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Catherine.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Athena or The Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1986!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1986 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Miles Kane: British musician.
- Chris Davis: Baseball Player.
- Olesya Rulin: Movie Actress.
- Edin Dzeko: Bosnian footballer.
- Edin Džeko: Bosnian footballer.
- Hal Buckley: Actor (John Quincy-OK Crackerby), dies at 49.
- Haemers gang robs gold transport in Belgium of 35 million Belgian francs.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?