Tuesday 18 December 1984
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Giuliano Razzoli and Paul Harrison.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Like A Virgin by Madonna.
In UK Do They Know It's Christmas? by Band Aid was in the top 5 hits.
Starman, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching City Lights.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Begin or H.E.R.O..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1984!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1984 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Giuliano Razzoli: Italian alpine skier, he specialized in slalom and won the gold medal at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.
- Paul Harrison: English footballer.
- Derrick Tribbett: American bass player and singer (Twisted Method and Dope).
- 73rd Davis Cup: Sweden beats USA in Gothenburg (4-1).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?